Driving lessons in Grays, Havering, Basildon & Brentwood
Terms and conditions:
1. Our instructors are all local self employed individuals they are each responsible for money paid and booking dates and times.
2. Pupils that appear to be under the influence of either alcohol, drugs or who are showing in any way violent or abusive behaviour to our Instructors, the general public, DSA examiners or our Staff will not be taught. If the instructor feels that the situation so warrants, lessons and or test will be terminated immediately and charged for.
3. Crash Courses Grays will make every effort to make available the same instructor and car for your driving lessons & driving test, but cannot be held responsible for situations outside of their control. The school/instructor retains the right to change either if the situation so warrants. Where possible the pupil will be offered a different instructor or car if available.
4. Mock Tests are available by request, and would require a two hour lesson with your instructor and would need to be booked in advance. The cost would be for a two hour lesson plus £15.00 for the Mock Test.
5. Each pupil will be issued a progress card by their designated instructor on their first lesson. This progress card must be retained by the pupil and produced on each lesson. The progress card also acts as your receipt therefore must be retained for the duration of your lessons with Five Star Driver Training. The progress card contains brief terms and conditions & details of where to find the full terms and conditions i.e. www.fivestardrivertraining.co.uk, full acceptance of our full terms and conditions is automatically confirmed after seven day of receipt of progress card or on the second lesson whichever come soonest.
6. Lessons booked as an "intensive Course" are usually to be taken between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday unless special arrangements were made with the instructor at the time of booking. (May be extra change to the costs published for course lessons during the evening/weekend).
7. Your instructor and or Crash Courses Grays will not sell or rent or provide any of your personally identifiable information to third parties, and will only disclose this information in limited circumstances i.e. on your own personal request or if required to do so by law.
8. It is the pupils responsibility to ensure that the instructor is updated with their current contact telephone number/s and pick up address for their lessons.
9. The instructor will give his her mobile number to each pupil on the progress card.
(Instructors can also be contacted by text). Please be aware that calls may go to
10. Crash Courses Grays is contactable by phone on 01708 405353, 01375 350012 or 01268 833035 between 9am & 8pm. (Answer phone may be in use occasionally). Crash Courses Grays can also be contacted at any time via email : we aim to respond within 48 hours. (Weekends and bank holidays may take extra time)
11. All block lessons are payable in FULL on or before the first lesson.
12. At least 48 hours notice must be give to change either date or time of individual lessons (Not course lessons) or the lesson will still be charged for.
13. All changes to intensive courses once booked must be made at least 14 days prior to start of course failure to do so will result in loss of all fees paid. If enough notice is given (i.e. 14 days) courses can be rescheduled. Test dates may not be able to be changed at short notice. (This would be subject to the DSA & instructors availability)
14. Intensive courses can be booked with a non-
15. All driving courses not paid for in full by the due date will be considered as cancelled by applicant. The deposit/fees paid to that date will not be refunded.
16. All lesson/course fees can be paid by cash or cheque or bank transfer to either the instructor or the school. Some instructors are able to process debit/credit cards via PayPal, please check when booking. (payments made via bank transfer/card or PayPal (if available) must be received at least 48 hours prior to start of lesson)
17. Any cheque which is returned by the bank to either the instructor or the school unpaid will incur a £20 administration fee payable in cash.
19. Lesson & or course fees are non refundable except in exceptional circumstances. Any request for a refund can be dealt with by each individual instructor, and will only be given if there is no other instructor that is able to fulfil the original service as booked. The decision of the instructor/school is final.
20. Lessons once paid for (and or started) for are valid for three months. Any extension to this time due to an illness or accident must be agreed by the instructor and noted on the progress card. (Gift Vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of purchase) Only the signed progress card and or original Gift Voucher will be accepted as proof of payment.
Practical Test Dates
21. All practical tests, booked/paid for by candidate or the school are not guaranteed at the end of hours booked. If, in the instructors opinion, the candidate has not reached the standard deemed necessary to pass the practical driving test extra hours may need to be booked and paid for prior to test. (Instructors discretion).
22. The instructor/school will never cancel a pupil's practical test. However, if it is considered that the pupil has not reached the required standard and is unwilling to book and pay for further lessons to rectify the problem, the instructor will refuse the use of the tuition vehicle only. This does not prevent the candidate from attending the practical test with an alternative vehicle.
23. The instructor always has the right to refuse the use of the school vehicle if he/she feels it is in the interest of public safety.
24. The instructor/school cannot be held responsible for lessons or practical tests cancelled either due to weather conditions or by the DSA (Driving Standards Agency).
Free Theory Test Training
25. The sample version is available free of charge to anyone through our web-
24. All complaints must have been discussed with your instructor prior to contacting the school. If your instructor is unable to settle the matter with you, you may then either call the school direct on 01708 405353 or put your complaint in writing and email to all unsettled complaints must be received by the school within 21 days of the incident.
Copyright of Crash Courses Grays ©2010-
|Crash Courses Basildon|
|Crash Courses Brentwood|
|Crash Courses Romford|
|Terms and Conditions|